Daniel B, Markind has almost 30 years of experience as a real estate and corporate transactional attorney. During that time, he has represented some of the largest companies in the United States in sophisticated purchase, sale, financing, leasing, zoning and land use, workout and development matters. He also has helped form numerous start-up and smaller entities and has assisted in their growth. Mr. Markind is the former chair of the Current Issues in Title Insurance subcommittee of the American Bar Association.
Over the last 10 years, Mr. Markind has developed a sub-specialty in oil and gas development and leasing, and speaks widely on Marcellus Shale and other mineral extraction issues. He represents numerous companies and individuals involved in different capacities related to natural gas and oil leasing, production, transmission and waste disposal.
Mr. Markind is also the former General Counsel of the Philadelphia International Airport. Currently, he serves as outside general counsel and outside specialty counsel to numerous airports. He also represents companies that are involved in aviation-related activities. Mr. Markind is recognized as one of the nation’s foremost experts on the relationship of aviation law to mineral extraction law.
He holds an AV rating from Martindale-Hubbell.
Speeches and Presentations
- Marcellus Shale and Scheduled Air Service Update: Speech and presentation before 2013 Aviation Council of Pennsylvania
- Hydraulic Fracturing: eCLE Webinar for the American Bar Association, June 2013
- Shale Gas Development at Airports – Is it Sustainable?: Speech and presentation before 2012 Airport Consultants Council
- Oil and Gas Leasing Issues at Airports in Pennsylvania: Speech and presentation before 2010 Aviation Council of Pennsylvania
- Oil and Gas Leasing Issues at Airports in Pennsylvania: Speech and presentation before 2010 Pennsylvania Aviation Advisory Committee
- Issues Regarding Shale Gas Leasing at Airports: Speech and presentation before 2009 Airport Council International North America Legal Committee
B.S., Cum Laude, The Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania
J.D., University of Pennsylvania
Awards & Honors:
AV rating from Martindale-Hubbell
Best Lawyers in America, 2015
Philadelphia Bar Association
Pennsylvania Bar Association
Marcellus Shale Coalition
American Bar Association, former chair of the Current Issues in Title Insurance subcommittee
Chair of the Energy Committee of Philadelphia Israel Chamber of Council
Airport Council International, North America